WiSnap(TM) WiFi RS-232
"The level of support you have provided makes me extremely glad that I purchased your product ..." testimonials.
The WiSnap embedded WiFi RS-232 kit provides seamless connectivity for most any RS-232 serial devices. The WiSnap WiFi module can be used to WiFi enable virtually all legacy RS-232 devices to the Internet. WiSnap technology enables simple, fast, and accurate data collection to any WiFi Enabled device. This includes Android, iOS [iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch], BlackBerry, Symbian, WebOS, OS X, Linux, Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Classic, Professional, Smartphone), Windows 7 / 2008 / 2003 / Vista / XP / 2000.
WiSnap M1 Kit comes with a 9V power clip, but can use any regulated voltage as low as 3.7VDC.
Power (5-12 VDC) can be provided via pin 9 of DB9 connector.
WiSnap can enable wireless WiFi Internet connections to legacy devices like barcode scanners, NFC-RFID scanners, scales, multimeters, GPS receivers, vending machines, sensors, and most all RS-232 devices.
Use Wi-Fi to connect RS-232 data to to iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android and hundreds of other models of mobile phones and mobile Internet devices.
Video: Use WiSnap AAA with iOS devices (iPad, iTouch, iPhone) and NFC reader to scan RFID tag data into any website.
Video: Use WiSnap AAA to manage network equipment using an iOS device (iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone).
Video: Wi-Fi Connected Barcode Scanning into iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch with KDC200 using WiSnap-BlueSnap bridge.
See iPhone 3G collecting data from a Wavetrend L-RX300 RFID reader.
See the WiSnap PCB WiFi RS-232 unit installed inside an NX700/800 Kenwood Mobile Radio.
Prefer a field-ready RS-232 Serial to WiFi dongle? Consider the WiSnap AAA (below-center)
Below-Right is the WiSnap SMD module you can embed in your own design.
Need even lower cost WiFi RS-232 serial options? Consider the WiSnap M2 module options.
Setup of the WiSnap to your WLAN is as easy as a few taps on your mobile device. See WiSnap Setup options.
Want a software jumpstart?
WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into Android - hotspot connection.
WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into iOS - hotspot connection.
WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into Android - access point mode.
WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into iOS - access point mode.
WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures RS-232 Serial data into iOS - ad-hoc connection.
Get complete Java source code for JavaTerm app shown here: JavaTerm app with Java SerialPort API.
Buy SerialPort API - click here for Standard version.
Want source code for WiSnap Setup app on iOS App Store? - Click here to purchase source code.
Need to process ASCII data on iOS? (iPad/iPhone/iPod)
When your device sends
ASCII data with the form <DATA>CR (data followed by carriage return i.e. hex 0x0D) you can use Mobile Grid and iScanBrowser apps already on the App Store, to process your data, no programming needed!
Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid for iOS collects data and can send as Excel spreadsheet anywhere
Get Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid Plus app from the App Store
iScanBrowser for iOS - iPad / iPhone / iTouch - The absolute easiest way to scan Barcode & RFID data to web pages, also has kiosk features.
Get iScanBrowser app from the App Store
Need a mobile Bluetooth RS-232 adaptor? Consider the BlueSnap.
The WiSnap can be configured over a standard RS-232 cable using any terminal software such as JavaTerm (in the SerialPort API), TeraTerm, CoolTerm, or PuTTY.
The WiSnap can also be configured over Wi-Fi using a RAW TCP/IP socket connection, or Telnet session from applications such as PuTTY or TeraTerm.
• Qualified 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g transceiver
• High throughput, up to 4Mbps sustained data rate with TCP/IP and WPA2
• Ultra-low power (4uA sleep, 40mA Rx, 210mA max Tx)
• Small, compact surface mount module
• On board ceramic chip antenna and U.FL connector for external antenna
• 8 Mbit flash memory and 128 KB RAM
• UART and SPI (future) data/control interfaces
• 10 general purpose digital I/O
• 8 analog inputs
• Real-time clock for wakeup and time stamping/data logging
• Accepts 3.3V regulated or 2-3V battery with on board boost regulators
• Supports Adhoc and Infrastructure mode connections
• On board ECOS-OS, TCP/IP stacks
• Wi-Fi Alliance certified for WPA2-PSK
• FCC / CE/ ICS certified and RoHS compliant
• Host Data Rate Up to 2.7 Mbps for UART
• Memory 128 KB RAM,2MB ROM, 2 KB battery-backed memory, 8 Mbit Flash.
• Intelligent, built-in power management with programmable wakeup
• Can be powered from regulated 3.3-3.7V source or 2.0-3.0V batteries
• Real time clock for time stamping, auto-sleep and auto-wakeup modes
• Configuration over UART or wireless interfaces using simple ASCII commands
• Over the air firmware upgrade (FTP), and data file upload.
• Secure WiFi authentication WEP-128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES).
• Built in networking applications DHCP client, UDP, DNS client , ARP, ICMP ping, FTP, HTTP
• 802.11 power save and roaming functions
•WiFi Range [line-of-sight to quality access point]: > 700 feet (chip antenna), > 1000 feet (4" off-chip antenna).
Download the WiSnap Data Sheet.
Download the WiSnap User Guide.
Application idea: WiSnap-BlueSnap-Bridge. Connect any Bluetooth SPP (Serial port profile) device to WiFi.
Uses common rechargable USB power pack.
Order online, or call to order.
Note: Device may not be exactly as pictured.