"...never had such rapid customer support response from any vendor! I am now able to send data from my scanner directly into DataViz's Sheets, Go spreadsheet, and MobileDB database..." testimonials.
The LaserChamp is no longer manufactured, but don't loose heart ...
The KeyBatch(tm) BR1 and the BatchMagic 2001 are BETTER replacement scanners in every way.
Case study: Infoexpo, Convention & Tradeshow Presenter Evaluation - PDF (73KB)
The LaserChamp is an ideal PDA barcode scanner. The LaserChamp can be used as a mobile barcode scanner, or with desktop computers and servers. The scanner is ideal for a wide range of data collection applications. Inventory, field service, asset tracking, time & attendance, healthcare, and even POS are all possible with this scanner since it operates in memory and tethered modes. The LaserChamp scanner uses the scan engine from Microvision, Inc.
SerialMagicTM will barcode enable virtually all applications on PalmOS, OS X, Zaurus, Linux x86, Pocket PC, and Windows. As an example, see a partial list of supported Palm OS devices
Powered by SerialMagicTM the LaserChamp is unmatched by any other solution to for cross-platform scanning integration.
Powered by ScanChamp® ScanReader Solo , the scanner can be used to put data directly into any database that provides an ODBC/JDBC connection.
LaserChamp is also available with wireless Bluetooth capability.
Accessories include Docking Station; Universal Holster; Protective Boot. The Protective Boot is highly recommended for environments where the scanner may be 'knocked around' or dropped.
Comparison - LaserChamp vs Symbol CS-1504.
Download LaserChampII firmware 2.65.00 (Serial cable connection required)
SerialMagic Professional provides connectivity with the following
- Windows 7/2008/Vista/XP/2003/2000
- Use with Mobile Phones, PDAs, Netbooks, Laptops, Desktops, Servers, and more.
- Supported Symbologies (Bar Code Types)
UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN, Code 39, Code 128, Code 128 EAN/UCC, ITF (Interleaved 2 of 5)
- Convert UPC-E to UPC-A (aka expand UPCE to UPCA) and other code control features
- Minimum X Dimension 10 mil (0.25 mm)
(7.5 mil (0.19mm) with reduced depth of field)
- Depth of Field
2.5in to 5.5in for 10 mil
2.5in to 6in for 13 mil
3in to 7in for 17 mil
- Maximum digits in barcode 52
- Maximum barcode width approx 4 "
- Download and print this file to see sample barcode densities.
LaserChamp II Scanner Memory Capacity
|Barcode Length||Memory Capacity
*Please note that these figures, with the exception of the 12-digit bar code lengths, are approximate.
- RS-232 Cable included. Plug is DB9 Female that mates directly with PC serial port, or with our optional USB adaptor.
- Palm RS-232 Cable available for Palm Universal connector.
- Use with SerialMagic, and import data directly into existing applications without programming.
- Data can be output in ASCII or in XML.
- LED Indicator shows 'Good Scan', 'Memory Full', and blinks during download.
- Audible Indicator Indicates 'Good Scan', 'Memory Full', and 'Download complete'.
- Indicators can be enabled and disabled using ScanChamp®, and special barcodes.
- Dimensions Length: 4.5 inches; Width: 2 inches; Height: 1 inches; Weight: 2.5 oz (3.7 oz with batteries installed)
- Operating Temperature 0° to 35° C
- Storage Temperature -40° to 70° C
- Light Source 650nm Laser Diode
- Ambient Light Artificial - At least 100 fc
- Sunlight - At least 700 fc
- Powered by three (3) AAA Batteries (not included)
Regulatory Compliance COMPLIES WITH 21 CFR 1040.10 & 1040.11 EXCEPT FOR DEVIATIONS PERSUANT TO LASER NOTICE NO. 50, DATED JULY 26, 2001 CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
Note: Device may not be exactly as pictured.