This article demonstrates how to use Android's built-in NFC sensor to pair with a Bluetooth scanner that has an embedded NFC chip with it's MAC address stored in the NDEF data (such as the Scanfob 2006).
1. Navigate to the Serial Device Manager (SDM).
2. Tap on the options menu button (the three vertical dots button at the top right-hand corner of the SDM view).
3. Select Connect BLE via NFC chip.
This brings you to the NFC Connect view (see image below).
4. Make sure the scanner is discoverable and connectable and tap SELECT KNOWN BLUETOOTH ADDRESS, then tap on the device to connect with using the NFC tag.
5. Place the NFC chip beneath the Android device's NFC sensor.
The SDM will use the data on the NFC chip to immediately pair with the scanner (no Bluetooth discovery necessary).