This article demonstrates how to use the yACK BLE app for Android to set up the BlueSnap Smart BLE dongle to connect to Windows 10. Due to how Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing works, you cannot pair with the BlueSnap Smart without changing the "
e e" setting from 0 to 1. Please note, that this process doesn't work for Windows 7 (nor earlier versions of Windows).
To follow through with this tutorial, you will need:
- The yACK BLE app (available on iOS and Android)
- A BlueSnap Smart dongle
- A Windows 10 computer with BLE support (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
Follow the steps below to enable BLE SSP (secure simple pairing) on the BlueSnap Smart
1. Launch yACK BLE on your preferred mobile device (iOS or Android).
2. Power on the BlueSnap Smart dongle by holding down the power button for ~2 seconds.
3. Connect to the BlueSnap Smart through yACK BLE by tapping on the "Select device" button, then the Bluetooth name of the BlueSnap Smart.
4. Switch from "Strm" mode to "RCmd" mode by tapping on the button labeled "Strm."
5. Send the command:
set bl e e 1
6. Disconnect yACK BLE from the BlueSnap Smart by tapping on the green bar with the BlueSnap's MAC address and friendly name at the top of the screen (but keep the BlueSnap Smart powered on).
7. Reconnect the BlueSnap Smart to yACK BLE and repeat step 4.
8. Send the command:
The BlueSnap Smart will respond with a "Success" message.
9. Disconnect yACK BLE from the BlueSnap Smart and power cycle the BlueSnap Smart.
10. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
11. Send the command:
get bl ee
12. Make sure that the returned value is 1.