It is possible for the BlueSnap Smart Dongle to become unresponsive at times. If this occurs you will need to update the firmware on the unit and reset the GFU settings. Note: you must use the yACK BLE iOS app to update the firmware of the BlueSnap Smart Dongle. The yACK BLE app is also available for Android.
Update the BlueSnap Smart Firmware
1. Download the yACK BLE app for iOS.
2. Press and hold the power button on the BlueSnap Smart Dongle. Even if you do not see any LED activity, the unit may still broadcast as long as the power button is held down.
3. Launch the yACK BLE app and wait for the BlueSnap Smart Dongle to appear in the list of devices.
4. Tap the Update button. yACK BLE will check for any updates to the firmware.
5. Download the latest version of firmware if necessary.
Reset GFU Settings
1. Connect the BlueSnap Smart Dongle to a USB to RS-232 cable and open a terminal application (e.g. PuTTY, TeraTerm, etc.).
2. Set your terminal application with the baud rate 115200 and begin the session.
3. Press and hold the power button on the BlueSnap Smart Dongle. You should see a COMMAND MODE echo response from the terminal application.
4. Type the following commands, followed by a carriage return (Enter):
gfu 10 status_led
gfu 11 ble_blink
gfu 13 shutdown
gfu 14 activity
You should now be able to connect the BlueSnap Smart Dongle to your application.