This guide provides instructions on how to connect a Mac OS X computer to an external serial device with a BlueSnap AAA and CoolTerm (*or your preferred terminal application)
- A Mac with a terminal application installed
- BlueSnap AAA dongle
Note: You must first configure your terminal application for communication with the BlueSnap's default COM settings (shown below.)
1. Begin by connecting your BlueSnap AAA to your Mac
2. Navigate to System Preferences → Bluetooth
3. Once the BlueSnap AAA is connected, launch your terminal application on your Mac
4. Navigate to Options → Select your BlueSnap AAA from the port list
5. After selecting the port associated with your BlueSnap AAA, click "OK" and then "Connect"
6. Once connected, you will see "Connected" and the time connected at the bottom of the screen
Now you can begin sending commands!