This article demonstrates how to set up the idChamp EUA to connect to Windows 10. Due to how Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing works, you cannot pair with the idChamp EUA without changing the "
e e" setting from 0 to 1. Please note, that this process doesn't work for Windows 7 nor earlier versions of Windows.
To follow through with this tutorial, you will need:
Follow the steps below to enable BLE SSP (secure simple pairing)
1. Launch yACK BLE on your preferred mobile device (iOS or Android). Here, we are using yACK BLE for Android.
2. Power on the idChamp EUA by holding down the power button for ~2 seconds.
3. Connect to the idChamp EUA through yACK BLE by tapping on the "Select device" button, then the Bluetooth name of the BB2e scanner.
4. Switch from "Strm" mode to "RCmd" mode by tapping on the button labeled "Strm."
5. Send the command:
set bl e e 1
Note that the idChamp EUA will not return anything after you send the command. This is normal.
6. Disconnect yACK BLE from the idChamp EUA by tapping on the green bar with the idChamp EUA's MAC address and friendly name at the top of the screen (but keep the BlueSnap Smart powered on).
7. Reconnect the idChamp EUA to yACK BLE and repeat step 4.
Note that this time you connect to the idChamp EUA, you'll receive a pairing request. This is normal and it means that the "set bl e e 1" command was successful. You will now receive a pairing prompt each time you connect to the idChamp EUA on any device (e.g., Android, iOS, Windows).
8. Send the command:
The BlueSnap Smart will respond with a "Success" message.
9. Disconnect yACK BLE from the idChamp EUA and power cycle the idChamp EUA.
10. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
11. Send the command:
get bl ee
12. Make sure that the returned value is 1.