The latest releases of SerialMagic Gears, Mobile Grid for Android, and Mobile Attendance for Android now include a new filtering system that allows you to create filtering rules for RFID/NFC tags in the vicinity. The article demonstrates how to use this new filtering system.
Access the Filtering System Settings
1. Launch SerialMagic Gears, Mobile Grid, or Mobile Attendance.
2. tap on the "Options" button to reveal the sidebar menu.
3. Tap on "Scan Filter Settings."
4. The Scan Filter Settings page includes options to:
- Enable/Disable Filter Notices
- Filter Duplicates by Timer
- Enable/Disable Tag Filter Mode
- Edit the Tag Filters Table
Enable & Create Filters
Enable Tag filters
Before you create any filter rules, you must first enable Tag Filtering and select your preferred mode.
To do this, tap on "Tag Filters Mode." and select either "Ignore" mode or "Allow start with."
Then, select either "Ignore" mode or "Allow start with."
Add Tag Filters
You can configure tag filtering rules by editing the Tag filters Table.
1. Tap on "Tag Filters Tables."
2. The Tag Filters Tables page allows you to switch between Ignore Mode and Allow Mode by tapping on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
3. To add a new tag to the list, tap on the "+" icon button at the bottom of the screen.
4. The Add Tag window will pop up. Here you can define the tag value and assign a sound file specific to that tag value. Whether the tag value is ignored or allowed depends on the mode you selected in previous steps.
Tip: If you want to collect multiple tags as you scan them, tap on the checkbox next to "Tag Collect Mode."
Filter Duplicate Scans
The Scan Filter Settings page also provides an option to filter duplicate scan data. You can configure the SDM to never post duplicates, always post duplicates ("See as new") or to see scans as new after a set period of time. To post duplicate data as new ONLY after a set period of time, tap on "See as new after" and type the desired time in seconds.