This support article will walk you through how to pair your Scanfob with SerialMagic Professional on Windows 10. For the purposes of this tutorial, we used a Scanfob 2006 Bluetooth Barcode Scanner in SPP mode. The process for pairing any barcode/RFID scanner with SerialMagic Professional for Windows in SPP mode is nearly identical.
Pair with Windows Bluetooth Settings
1. Click on the Windows Start Menu
2. In the search bar, type "Bluetooth."
3. Click on "Bluetooth Settings."
4. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled and turned on.
5. With your Scanfob, scan the "Bluetooth-SPP" barcode. Then, hold down the small button for three seconds to make it discoverable and connectable. Alternatively, you can scan the barcode labeled "Make Discoverable & Connectable."
6. Your Scanfob will automatically be discovered by Window's Bluetooth. It may take up to several minutes.
7. When you see your Scanfob in the discovered devices, click on it. Then, click "Pair."
8. "Connected" should be displayed beneath your Scanfob's name.
Pair with SerialMagic Professional
1. Launch SerialMagic Professional
2. Click on "Add" to add a new connection.
3. Select "SerialMagic will connect to the remote Bluetooth device using Windows Bluetooth."
4. Click on the image of your Scanfob. For this tutorial, we used the Scanfob 2006.
5. Click "Next"
6. Select the COM port link assigned to your Scanfob. It should say "Standard Serial over Bluetooth Link."
7. Click "Next."
8. Select how you want to use your Scanfob with SerialMagic Professional. For this tutorial, we selected, "Like a keyboard, data posted to cursor location."
9. Click "Next."
10. SerialMagic will display "Input device was setup successfully."
11. Make sure that your Scanfob is still discoverable. If it is not, hold down the small button for approximately three seconds or until it starts to flash a blue LED. Then, click "Finish."
12. SerialMagic Professional will automatically background itself. To view it again, click on the SerialMagic icon on the Task Bar.
13. If your Scanfob was not discoverable when you clicked "Finish," you will receive an error. Simply make your Scanfob discoverable again, then click "OK." Now, click "Start" to attempt to connect to your Scanfob again.
14. Once connected, you will receive a notification from SerialMagic saying "Scanner setup successful." Click "OK" or wait for the message to time-out and close itself.
15. Now launch an application that accepts text input, such as Notepad and scan a few barcodes. The scanned data will appear within the application!